Kapten was launched in 2012 by three ambitious French entrepreneurs, we are now a major player within the French ride-hailing market and the best-rated app! Our company has grown a lot and we’re still expanding fast. Today, Kapten is made up of 400 employees, 20 nationalities, more than 4 million clients, and a presence in major European cities (Paris, Lyon, French Riviera, Lisbon, Porto & London).
🚘 What drives us? Working in a challenging business environment and knowing our job has an impact on a global issue: urban mobility.
🔧👩🏼💻💡In a few words, the Kapten technical environment is:
- A multidisciplinary tech team of 90 people (Back, Front, iOS & Android, Data, QA, SRE, DBA)
- 140 microservices deployed in production
- Node.js + TypeScript, Python, Go and React as front-end framework
- Swift, Kotlin for mobile apps
- 30+ deployments a day
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch databases
- Fully automated CI / CD with CircleCI, Docker and Kubernetes
- Complete observability of our stack in production (ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, APMs, ...)
- High development standards: TDD, Code metrics, PeerReview, load tests
Inspired by the Spotify model, our tech team is organized in Tribes, Squads, and Guilds. All of our feature teams work in Scrum with 2-week sprints. Learn more about our tech organization here.
We’re looking for new talents to reach our ambition: becoming the European leader in urban mobility. Come and meet us at the Kapten booth at dotJS 2019!